A great digital marketing strategy begins with content. Savvy marketers will learn as much about their audience as possible, so they can tailor their content to meet their needs. However, creating great content is only the first step. The next, and potentially most complex, is how to get your content seen, read, and appreciated by your chosen audience.
To help get you off on the right foot, we’re going to show you how you can get started with Facebook Ads, and what you need to know to ensure a successful digital advertising campaign.
- Determine your goal. Goals can range from lead generation, to traffic, to awareness driving activity. Make sure you’re clear on what you want your advertising to do for you. This is what will ultimately guide your strategy and can have a major impact on the steps that follow.
- Put the algorithm to work for you. Once you’ve determined your goal, develop a comprehensive library of creative assets so that you can create multiple ads for the algorithm to use to drive response.
- Optimize your campaigns with lookalike audiences. Use the information from previously sold opportunities to build lookalike audiences, so that Facebook can target prospects with similar interests and demographics.
- Retarget. Visitors to your website are more likely to purchase than non-visitors. By placing a Facebook pixel on your website, you can identify people who have visited your website on Facebook and target them with your content. Retargeting drives more sales from each dollar you spend, so don’t forget it.
- Promote your content organically. Organic posts are free, so you may as well take advantage of them by developing an organic content calendar, which tells your target audience a story they can connect with. This is what will likely get them to convert.
- Do not set it and forget it. You need to check on your campaigns every day to monitor performance and make adjustments. You can track how well your ads are performing daily in your Facebook Ads Manager dashboard. Their metrics are straightforward and will show you how well your ads are performing and how close you are to meeting your goals.
Advertising on Facebook is a great way to reach out to new and existing customers, to help them engage more deeply in your business. For additional resources on digital marketing and much more, reach out to your Business Development Manager today.