SNAP Financial Group is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected through all SNAP business processes. The following policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and retain the information you provide to us when we provide products or services, or via communication we may have with you.
Information We Collect
We collect information that is needed to provide you with financial products and services or when you interact in writing or electronically with SNAP Financial Group. We collect the following types of information:
- Social Identification Number (optional)
- Credit Card #
- Bank Information (automatic payments only)
- Credit Information
- Home Ownership Information
- Employment Information
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Information to authenticate your identity (driver’s license, etc.)
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information you provide in the course of discussing your transactions with us
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
- Information from public sources such as internet sites, registries or public records
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to process loan applications or according to your agreement with us, such as:
- To verify your identity
- To provide the financial service you request
- To respond to your inquiries or other communications
- To manage our risk and operations
- To meet regulatory and legal requirements
If we have your social insurance number, we may share it with credit reporting agencies to assist in identifying you.
- We may use the information you provide to communicate with you via telephone, computer, or mail.
- We may use your information to create reports or data analysis to aggregate information with other customers.
Disclosure of Personal Information
There may be times when SNAP Financial Group has an obligation to disclose certain personal information to third parties:
- When we are required by law to do so; for example, if a court issues a subpoena
- When you have consented to the disclosure
- When we report your transaction activity to a credit reporting agency
- When we engage a third party to provide services related to the product you have requested
When required to disclose personal information to third parties, SNAP Financial Group will ensure that the information will be used only for the purposes of completing the require task.
Access and Updating of Your Information
You have a right to ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. However, access to your personal information may be limited in certain circumstances. Access may be denied when:
- It is required by law
- Information is related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- Granting access would have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy
- The request is frivolous
If we deny you access, we will explain why.
You may also contact us to verify the accuracy of your personal information, or to update the information we have about you.
Keeping Your Information Safe
Retention of Your Personal Information
SNAP Financial Group retains your personal information for the period of time necessary for the purposes of the product you requested and to comply with legal obligations, or longer as permitted by applicable law. SNAP Financial Group will dispose of your personal information when it is no longer reasonably required to be retained.
You acknowledge and agree that SNAP Financial Group may obtain information about you from a credit reporting agency to process your loan application.
If any personal information about another individual is provided to SNAP Financial Group by you, it is understood that you have obtained all required consents and authorizations to do so.
Inquiries and Request for Access
If you have questions about SNAP Financial Group’s privacy practices, or wish to access your personal information, please contact SNAP Financial Group by phone or mail at:
SNAP Financial Group
Attn: Privacy Officer
1 Toronto Street Suite 1010
Toronto, ON M5C 2V6